A wedding planner lives up to their name! They plan your wedding, either for you or alongside you depending on the professional and the level of support you require/prefer. They are there for everything: design, budgeting, pacing planning, vendor research & selection, and, of course, they’re there to ensure your wedding reflects YOU! Wedding planners are typically booked early on in the wedding planning process OR if a couple has begun planning but find they need support to complete the wedding plan.
A wedding coordinator is present on your wedding day to ensure all of the wedding plans come together. A wedding coordinator is perfect for couples who have found their venue & all of their vendors, thought through the logistics, and simply need someone to step in on the actual wedding day to run the show so the couple and their loved ones can focus on celebrating and having fun instead of working. Their primary goal is to function as the point person to field all questions and oversee the execution of the day while acting as the liaison between the plan, the vendors, and you. We take coordination couples up to 2 months before the wedding. We find that in order to do our jobs effectively we really need that time to get everything in order. We start working with you at that 2-month mark.
Here are some questions that you should be asking your planner prior to booking.
- How much do your services cost?
- What services do you offer, what are the differences between your packages, and what package will be the best fit for my needs?
- Are there any additional fees?
- How long have you been a wedding coordinator?
- How long have you been a wedding coordinator in my area?
- How many weddings do you take on in a single weekend?
- Will you personally be at my event?
- What would you say your wedding coordinating “style” is?
- Can you tell me about a wedding that you coordinated that you are particularly proud of?
- What is your experience with problem solving?
- Can you give me an example of something that went wrong at a wedding and how you handled it?
- If we run into any issues throughout the planning process, what level of advocacy can we expect from since we are booking a day of coordination package?
- How much access will I have to you throughout the planning period?
- After I book, what are the next steps to working together?
- When will we begin working together regularly?
CONTACT US today to see what we can do to make your day AMAZING!